2020 Mandatory NCAA Requirements for Participating in NCAA-Live Events
In order for all teams, coaches, and student athletes to participate in NCAA-live events, they must follow the NCAA requirements as stated online ( www.ncaa.org/basketballcertification), and in the NCAA BBCS User Manual: https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/enforcement/ecag/ECAG_NonScholasticEventGuidelinesandRequirements.pdf
In order to help assist through the process, please see the role specific instructions below.
COACHES: New and Returning (please use last year’s logins)
- In order to participate as a coach in certified NCAA-live period events, each individual on the bench must obtain a USA Basketball Gold Coaching License: https://community.usab.com
- The Gold Coaching License requires
- (1) mandatory course videos on NCAA eligibility, USAB coaching, and Safe Sport (that together take a few hours), and
- (2) a background check (that takes a few days to process)
- Please do not wait to complete this. Prices also go up in the month of April and July! If you are a returning coach, please use the same login information that you used last year.
- After receiving your USAB Gold License, login to the NCAA BBCS website to activate your account. Use the same account/email address for the NCAA BBCS. Do not create a duplicate account. That link can be found here: http://bbcs.ncaa.org
- A helpful Coach QuickStart Guide can be found here: http://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/enforcement/ecag/ECAG_CoachQuickStartGuide.pdf
STUDENT ATHLETES: New and Returning (please use last year’s logins)
*These accounts should be completed by the player’s parent/guardian if the player is under 18. COACHES SHOULD NOT BE CREATING THESE ACCOUNTS.*
- Step 1: For new student athletes, they must first be registered with the Eligibility Center before they can update or create their BBCS profile. The link to start that process is here: www.eligibilitycenter.org. Athletes who registered last year with the eligibility center
- Any new Eligibility Center accounts are encouraged to select the DIVISION III or UNDECIDED account, which is free of charge.
- Once the process is completed, the student athlete will receive a 10 digit ID number.
- Step 2: After receiving the ID number or if you already registered last year with the Eligibility Center, the student athlete should then go to the NCAA BBCS ncaa.bbcs.org to either update or register their player profiles
- Please use the same email login from the previous season. DO NOT create DUPLICATE ACCOUNTS.
- Once logged in, student athletes will be required to update any information that may have changed from last year and watch/read the new course material for 2019-2020.
- A helpful Athlete Registration QuickStart Guide can be found here:http://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/enforcement/ecag/ECAG_AthleteRegistrationQuickStartGuide.pdf
PLAYER ADDRESS REQUIREMENTS
(Host Family, Legal Guardians, Boarding School Documentation) :
ORGANIZATION REGISTRATION: Team CEO or Primary Business Officer
STILL HAVE ISSUES?
- Contact the NCAA Enforcement Certification and Approvals Group (ECAG) using their online form: ECAG Contact Form. You can also visit them: www.ncaa.org/ECAG or call by phone 1-844-562-6201 (toll free).